Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Away We Go

Thanks to an icky dose of the dreaded lurgy, I am at home on the couch, under a duvet, box of aloe vera tissues and a pot of French Earl Gray at my side and I just watched the most fabulous film. If you have not seen director Sam Mendes' (of American Beauty fame) new movie 'Away We Go', then I thoroughly recommend it.

A young (well I say 'young' because they are my age :)) couple are expecting their first baby and find themselves on an adventure to find a home for their little family. With a few friends and relatives that they feel could have potential as local companionship dotted about the U.S. they go about visiting them all hoping to find the perfect place to put down roots.

There are some great characters along the way, in fact I think it was worth seeing solely for the superb performance of Maggie Gyllenhaal, her delightfully nutso character is just genius.

I will watch this one again and again. Definitely one for putting a big smile on your face.



1 comment:

  1. Poor you, hope you're tiptip soon. Nice to snuggle up with a good movie tho.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by, I love to read your comments. x

Related Posts with Thumbnails